Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Ascentive software is a hoax.

I purchased the Ascentive software download and my computer did not perform any faster. As a matter of fact, it slowed down and I began to have problems with other programs loading, etc. Since then I have deleted the program from my computer. But I am still having problems that started when I downloaded the Ascentive software. Take my advice and don't fall for their baloney! I am still receiving promotional emails from them numerous times a month. But it's strange that I was unable to find a customer service phone number or receive help on-line. My best advice to you is don't purchase anything from Ascentive. Thresa Lord
Review
What type of company is this?! I saw a commercial about finallyfast.com(website that will speed up PC performance and connection for "free") Ascentive software was recommended.I installed Active Speed and PC Scan Pro.it showed how many errors were on my PC, I...

Web Of Trust warning: This company's site has been given a poor rating, and it has been shown to extort money through scareware and malware.

View more comments
Review

I can not delete Ascentive from computer!!!

I have the same complaint as many others I can not get rid of Ascentive it keeps popping up!!! I do not recall how it came on my computer,but I must have done something wrong. I do not want it and I csn not uninstall it as I have tried many times and it keeps popping up!!! Please help!!!And tell others not to get ASCENTIVE! I would like to know why they are allowed to post this type of thing on the internet???It seems like someone should stop this?????????? Please ,please tell me how to fix this situation..

Fortunately I did not buy this lemon. It just appeared on my computer like a bad bug, so I didn't have to uninstall it.

BUT, it tried to hide and pop up all the time with its pesky windows. I finally found it in my programs under a different name, sneaky ***. I forget the name but you can find it by passing the mouse over all the programs one by one and they will tell you what they really are. Sure enough this Ascentive showed up and as soon as I saw it, I zapped it.

End of problem.

For the poor bastards that have bought and installed this. I can't help them.

Open My Computer.

Go to Local Drive. Open it.

Find Ascentive. Open it.

Delete the 5 files attached.

Go to Task Manager. End process tree for APCMain.exe.

Go to Recycle Bin and delete all Ascentive files there.

Restart your PC.

Worked for me.

I was able to delete Ascentive.

Step1: Login as Administrator of your computer

Step2: Use the Ascentive Uninstall Program, or use Add/Remove Programs to remove this program

Step3: Open windows Task Manager and remove the APCMain.exe process

Step4: Then immediately go to C:\ProgramFiles\Ascentive and delete all the files in this folder and then the folder itself.

That should work

What a sham, una ble to get

pc speedscan off my computer

will write BBB soon if not

help given to get it off

CCleaner

i'm downloading one of their products as we speak, i think i'll cancel it :?

#19973

TRY USING YOUR SYSTEMS RESTORED i DID AND IT WORKED. i PUT DATE BACK WHEN i DID NOT HAVE THIS *** SOFTWARE TRY IT

LOL

#19972

LOL

If you cannot remove Ascentive, and others are having the same problem; then contact the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Attorney General and report the condition as a potential scam.

Send a copy of the letters to Ascentive and e-mail them as well. Ask them to call you at a reasonable time and talk to the Customer Service reps. Make sure they understand you are compiling a list of problems and are sending your recommendations of using the AG and FTC as well to others.

They should straighten up and help you remove the software. I hope this helps you.

View more comments (8)

Ascentive in Chandler, Arizona - Downloaded it,can't get it off of my computer

I have been trying to remove it and I can't. No support, not even listed in Windows add/remove program!!! I downloaded it on a trial and changed my mind before paying for it. 10 minutes max! I found it in start up and removed it but it is still there when I reboot! Their website has no email address to remove this program! Do not buy or try this program! I'm in ***! I'm in ***!I'm in ***!I'm in ***!I'm in ***!I'm in ***!I'm in ***!

I cant get this *** off my comp either, I advise that no one gets pc speedscan

try a system restore to some date before the problem occurred.

View more comments (1)
Review
#119160 Review #119160 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ascentive in Grand Rapids, Michigan - Software does not work.

I bought the basic software and it did not speed up my computer one bit even though it found many things wrong and keeps finding them. What is really a Pain In The *** is they keep bombarding you with additional programs (at least five or six others) that you also need at the same basic price. Customer service has not helped me and I am still trying to get a refund. Per the agreement, I can get my money back if I am disastisfied within 30 days so I am trying to get this resolved before that time runs out.

soft does work

This company's advertising is a fraud. Once you pay for their product, you find out that you have to buy several more of their products to completely fix your computer to run faster.

You could spend a fortune before you finish. I ordered one and it did nothing but give me pop-ups constantly to buy their other products.

You certainly have the most UNfriendly process so-much-so that I still cannot even download and after request for a refund, this time I am serious about a refund and if I paid with PayPal, I am going to proceed with them. I will await for your reply until this Saturday.

Sincerely, John H A.

Now you are playing the game of my code not being correct.

STOP THIS. HOW SAD AND DISGUSTING FOR AMERICANS TO ACT IN SUCH A NEGATIVE MANNER.

Sincerely, John H A.

Now you are playing the game of my code not being correct.

STOP THIS. HOW SAD AND DISGUSTING FOR AMERICANS

Sincerely

Sincerely

#19598

webroot is good, just putting that out there.

I would say at least 50% of computer related products do not work to the degree they are advertised. Computers is such a gray area to *** people due to the sophistication of the product.

View more comments (7)