Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Ascentive in Anchorage, Alaska - Finally Fast .com Is a rip off!

I ran a scan from them on my computer a year ago. that would be may of 2009. This Ascentive company says they are affiliated with finally fast. A year later they started debiting my account for $29.95 a month for ,what they said, was 2 programs that I signed up for. I know this is not true. the fact that they are so hard to get a hold of just shows that they are a not a honest company and Im sure they do this kind of scam in hopes that people will not pay attention to there accounts. I told the man I finally talked to (John M.)to give me my account info and he could or would not tell me my sign in or password. BECAUSE I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR IT!IT IS A CROCK!I cancelled through him and he said they would reimburse me the money. I will not hold my breath.I have to cancel my debit card to be sure.

Ascentive in Purchase, New York - 6 Total Fraud Charges

I have had to call this company 3 times to get a total of 6 Fraud charges off my credit card. I have had no other fraud charges from any other company. I can't believe that anyone stole my credit card number just to try to get copies of this joke of a program. I have read at least 15 other reviews with the same problem. I am now going to file a criminal report as advised. Hopefully all that have had this problem will do the same so maybe this company will wake up and fix this issue with the billing.

I was called by my credit card company yesterday due to what they thought was a fraudulent charge by Ascentive. They were right.

I had to cancel the card to take care of the issue and will have to wait 5 to 7 days for the new card.

I tried calling Ascentive for at least 3 hours and nobody picked up the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company.

Please do! Stop this ongoing bogus company!!

Support

Please be assured Ascentive does not engage in fraudulent transactions and takes these accusations very seriously. We are investigating your claims and feel that your credit card may have been compromised, through no fault of Ascentives, and fraudulently used to purchase our software.

We urge you to contact our Customer Service Department at 215-320-6000 to help us investigate your situation further. We go to great lengths to help customers who have issues with our products and avoid having them contact their bank directly and issuing a chargeback. That is not only costly to us but also, if this is an actual fraudulent transaction then you may discover further unknown charges if your credit card has been compromised. Our Customer Service Department has several methods for tracking down fraud and we can help you to determine when and exactly how this transaction took place. Plus your assistance can help our Fraud Detection Services in stopping future criminal activity.

For over 11 years, Ascentive has provided customers with top notch support via phone, email and live chat. Our services include a 30 day money back guarantee to make sure every customer is satisfied. Chargebacks can be very costly to any business, and we urge customers who suspect fraud or are unhappy for any reason to contact us first.

We look forward to assisting you.

Ascentive Support Team

View more comments (2)

Ascentive in Houston, Texas - I didn't order software but they charged me

My credit card company notified me of a suspicious charge by Ascentive Llc on my credit card. I did not order this software! Yet, this company had my card number??? So I refused the charge and changed my card number. I figured that they must have obtained my credit card number in some fraudulent way. It is a hassel for me ... but at least they didn't get my money for something I didn't order! Thank goodness for American Express. They have an algorithim in their software that apparently notices lots of charges to their customers and that looked suspicious to them.

I too have a charge pending to come out of my bank for something I have never even heard of let alone given my card details to purchase....I work for a bank so I know how the system works...This is FRAUD and I HAVE REPORTED IT....chnged my bank details so hopefully that will be an end to it.... :(

Wow, googling Ascentive software, it seems that they are in the business of charging people's credit cards fraudulently with some alarming frequency. They suck.

I loathe that thieving company. They have charged me twice now. Next stop the BBB, Gizmodo and Digg. I will let the world know just how lame this company is.

Burn in *** Ascentive. Burn in ***.

They did it me as well, twice! I have never heard of them prior. I wonder if they are some sort of scam company working in conjunction with the credit card companies/banks to accrue interest by temporarily stealing money from a collective of consumers?

I dident place an order and was charged, I filed a complaint and charges.

Dear User,

We look forward to assisting you.

View more comments (4)
Loss
While routinely checking my bank account transactions online, I have discovered an unauthorized charge of $59.99 from originating from Ascentive, LLC. I have never done, or planned to do business with the said company. I have immediately notified my bank that the...
#420410

On 01/23/2012 saw Teamviewer add , called talked to Alescia, she dialed in on my PC. told me it was over populated by 175%, Ascentive Spyware Striker could fix it for 129.00 dollars now, a tech called, I turned my PC over to him, basically it crash, call back, he tried again, same.

I called Ascentive requested a refund. On 01/31/2012 pickup my PC.

from Best Buy it is fine now.Mean time filed dispute with Capitalone about Ascentive. Nobody will answer my calls or E-mails.

View more comments
Loss

Bought ascentive "scan & sweep" yesterday and i can't use it

i bought ascentive "scan & Sweep" yesterday, because after a recommended scan i had "problems" that were "affecting my computer's performance". i didn't know i could try it for free. since my purchase, i haven't been able able to use the program i bought (unable to connect). i've contacted customer twice and the problem hasn't been resolved. yesterday, i chatted with support and they sent an e-mail with instructions to fix the problem. not only did it not fix the problem, i encountered different problems. today, i contacted support, again. as i was chatting with support, the session was ended (not by me) as i was typing.

that's because you unwittingly installed rogue malware onto your computer, and paid for it too! Download malwarebytes and run it, hopefully that will remove it all.

You might want to call your credit card company and dispute the charge.

P.S. don't ever pay for antispyware programs!!

Ascentive in Augusta, Maine - Fraud charged

I also got charged 29.95 for something I'm not sure of. I did almost two years ago buy this but did not authorize them to renew me. I tried calling the numbers I saw on this site but they do NOT let you talk to anyone they say you need to go to website and email. I did this and now awaiting a response. if they do NOT take the charge off I will be filling fraud charge against them. this is so wrong !!!! nobody should be allowed to take from credit card without owner approval very pissed off !!!
#120937

Hi Ellen,

We apologize for the confusion about your auto-renewal. Ascentive currently uses 3 points of contact (email, phone and postcard) to ensure our users are aware of the charges they will see on there credit card. Sometimes one of these contact method occurs after a customer has already been contact and decided to decline continuing service. I have reviewed you account and made sure you will not be charged in the future. I hope this addressed your concerns. If you have additional questions please contact us via our website.

#120565

Very sneaky? Did you not read the contract that you were agreeing to? Did you not take the time to inform yourself as to what was going on?

#119448

I contacted these people and had a live chat and may say that it went very quick and they said they would refund money.. so you just need to watch your bank accounts !!

and catch the auto renewals!!! very sneaky

View more comments (2)

Ascentive in Lady Lake, Florida - Username is not accepted

I signed up for Ascentive 2/8/10, paid $42.90 on Visa card, and when I try to connect on web, my user name lala9730, which I printed out to be sure it was correct and when I try to connect, it is rejected as invalid user name. So consequently, I do not feel I have had any benefits from this program. Also received PC speed scan cd which does not play. So am very upset to have more frustration than I had before signing up for this service. HELP Please correct this situation as soon as is possible.

Have you attempted to call in to ascentive yet? If so, has this issue been resolved?

Ascentive in Cleveland, Ohio - Finally Fast is Fatal

When I originally downloaded the software, "finally fast" the only thing it did was slow down my computer more. Knowledgeable people said it was nothing but junk. Now they are trying to automatically renew the product. I called and talked with an agent who said the charge would not pass and a couple of days later an agent called and said our credit card account would be charged. If measures continue, I will have to use the credit card company's rules to deny the charge. It would be much simpler to have creditable sources check out the program and write a review.

I agree - FinallyFast is pure poison. I made the mistake of buying and it slowed down my computer drastically.

Then I started getting multiple errors. When I tried removing it, of course it wouldn't go away. I finally called ***-Scent-ive and demanded my money back as well as instructions on removing the software. After getting this *** off my machine it is noticeably faster but the errors remain.

I plan on sending ***-Scent-ive a bill for having my computer fixed. I doubt that they will honor it but I'm sending it anyway. I am pissed at these guys - I'm currently unemployed and need my computer more than ever for job searching, job applications, and preparing portfolios.

I don't need this b.s.. :(

Hello,

We intend to further *** up your computer and theres not a thing you can do about it.

Hello,

This is Ascentive Customer Support. We apologize for the confusion, and want to assure you that we have no intention of charging you. Since there is no name attached to this complaint, if you could contact our Customer Support directly, we will double check to make sure that no charges are made to your account in error. It is possible your account was included on a call list after your called to decline the renewal. If that is the case, you are in no danger of being charged and we again offer our apologizes for the confusion. I hope this helps address your concerns.

View more comments (3)

Ascentive in Gilbert, Arizona - Made me an unhappy customer

we are not happy with Accentive performance center, we tried out a free trial & was not pleased. I've not been able to remove your program. Every time we boot up, you keep comming up on my computer screen with, let us free up your errors, etc. etc. etc.with addtional products to try. Sir: this is over kill. Please e-mail me on what I can do. I also went thru all of my programs & you don't appear, ON add & remove I feel this should not bee a large problem unless you make it so. thank you cisco4sk1@cox.net

Ascentive/performance center

I do not know how this program got on my computer. I went to add/remove in control panel and I thought it was gone. A week later it showed up again, now I cannot get rid of it this company need to admit that this program does not work and offer solutions to the consumers. Also, I think we should ban together and introduced a lawsuits. We as consumers should be treated much, much better than this. Is there anyone out there having this problem or a similar problem and can offer some advice please contact me or post it on the board. Thanking you in advance.