Ascentive Reviews

Show reviews that mention
computer software credit card card money program credit number programs account
Filter review

No support

I want support and I get nothing these people talk the talk but let you down with no support, how come they don't have a number to call? I have tried to get help and have heard nothing I bought 5 products from them and this is the way you get treated, makes you mad as ***. I havn't had any time to check out the speed of my system, It tells you that you are faster but are you any faster? I don't think so not for the price they get for the software, it looks like a rip to me.

I called and had a hard time getting through but, I did get the voice mail of Chip Taylor with ascentive and left a message. Just call the number 215-468-**** press option 9 and enter 82.

this will direct you to this Chip Taylor. I just called after hrs. so I am waiting for a response. If I here back I will return to post more here.How to Report Fraudulent CompaniesContributor By V.

ImanieHow Contributing Writer Article Rating: (0 Ratings) Fraudulent activity occurs in many different ways, whether it is via the Internet, telemarketing scams or from businesses that actually utilize a physical address. If you have been a victim of fraud, there is no guarantee that you will be able to recover your money. However, you can take action. And by taking action, you can help to prevent the perpetrator from scamming other individuals..EmailPrint ArticleAdd to Favorites Flag Article .Difficulty: Moderately EasyInstructions.Internet and Telephone FraudStep 1Gather as much information about the company as possible.

Some of the information that will be helpful include the name of the business, any contact information for the business, what transpired, the name of the person with whom you spoke, the product you purchased, the purchase price and the method of payment.Step 2Visit the National Fraud Information Center (NFIC) Web site and complete their fraud report form. If you do not wish to submit the report online, you can also mail a fraud report to them. Call them at (202) 835-**** if you are a law enforcement officer wanting to report fraud to the NFIC.Step 3Report Internet crime to the FBI by visiting the Internet Crime Complaint Center Web site at www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and completing the online form.Brick and Mortar FraudStep 1Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to report fraud that occurred from a company that has a physical address. This should be the BBB in the city and state in which the company is located, not the BBB where you are located.Step 2Report the fraud to your state attorney general's office.Step 3Visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Web site to report fraudulent activity via their electronic "Complaint Assistant" form.

When you complete the form, the information also will be transmitted to the FBI.Step 4Report the fraud to your creditor or banking institution if you utilized your credit card or checking account to pay for goods or services. By reporting the fraud immediately, you may be entitled to recover some or all of your money.

to all those who paid for this ***-ware and would like to tell them whats what, i did my own detective work to getting their address, and fax; (these were posted on their website without a regular phone number) but to save everyone the risk and hassle of doing it, i managed to get the regular phone number (automated; figures..) here it is...

ascentive

201 spring garden st. suite 400

philadelphia, pa 19123

phone: (215) 468-****

fax: (215) 320-****

have fun tellin' em off!!!!!!!!!!! :grin 8)

Rice Lake, Wisconsin

Finally fast ripp-off

all the finallyfast.com products are a rip-off.I was ripped-off125.65 and my computer is slower than ever and getting a hold of these scammers is impossible.I highly recomend not using any of their products.finally fast w/assentive products will ruin your computer................beware

Use a green dor prepaid visa, you can get them at any drug store and just put $29.95 on it, that way when they try to get more, they can't.

I agreed to risk 29.95 and they charged three seperate billings totalling 125.00 without consent.

Longview, Washington

Ascentive software / FinallyFast.com contains a major virus

Be careful to stay away from this company and their software and tell your friends about the FinallyFast.com TV ad. The software when installed attempts to install a virus and my anti-virus software Avast caught it before it took over my machine. I had done this once and made the mistake, having to clean up my system as a result of the virus raising havoc on my machine. I had forgotten the name of the company and the ad. It is easy to get roped into any kind of software that might help do a clean up and improve the performance on your system. Whatever you do stay away from this product. It contains a bad virus and will make things difficult to use and get rid of and to clean up unless you have the experience like i do, 35+ years. I wish i could sue this company for selling a product and knowing so, with a virus in it. Stay away from any Ascentive Software product or http://finallyfast.com. Respectfully, randy

A company called secureremotesupport.com assists people and removed virus malware and spyware threats. They are a great company to look at to get a quote for your paticular removal.

Well, let's return the favor ;)

The IQ site on your website is very sneaky. People had better read all the fine print before they find themselves roped into a costly contract. Don't you monitor your own site?

View more comments (2)
Seattle, Washington
Loss

It doesn't work and they won't answer me.

I installed inscentive and it won't work. They said it would be 30 dollars and charged my credit card with 41. I've emailed them with no response and it DOESN'T WORK WITH MY PHONE. I want a phone number. Can't get one. I don't know what to do. This is such a rip-off. I get 7 windows to slow my computer down and now I'm stuck. Help, help. Please. I would like to telephone them with my complaint and cancel service. When I call they say email them and then they don't reply. TN Lady

Has anyone been able to get their money back from this company. I agree with everyone of the comments, but writing this does not get the situ sorted. Has anyone any good ideas.

What in *** are you talking about? Jabber, jabber, what do you mean "7 windows"? What product or software do you mean?

View more comments (4)
Washington, District Of Columbia

Ascentive messed up my computer

I was with tech support for about five hours, Symantec and my ISP, because of problems after I instaled Ascentive software. I can't even delete it from my computer, add/remove programs doesn't get rid of it. I want my money back. I was unable to get on the Internet. It took some very good tech support people hours to get my Internet access back. Also, I have not noticed any improvement in the performance of my computer. Why don't these people provide a tech support number like Microsoft, Dell, Gateway, Symantec, and other companies that sell products that work? RKammer

Has anyone figured out how to get Ascentive off there computer after you run their free scan? I ran the free scan and ad remove programs will not remove it from my computer!

I went to finallyfast.com (after seeing it advertised on TV) and I did the free scan. Well after I decided that I did not want to buy the program and I used the add/remove program to delete Speed Scan I found that several of my Microsoft documents which were in the same directory are gone.

I'm soo pissed that this *** is even advertised & that I fell for it!!! :(

Washington, District Of Columbia

Removing Ascentive Downloads

I just removed Ascentive from my computer.... Go to Control Panel click add/remove hardware. Then find PC Speed my Computer, then click remove. A blue box will pop up when it does click remove. Quick and easy! My Sister found the program listed as Speed PC in her add/remove hardware. Ascentive is good at hiding there software just keep cool and it can be found in the control panel add/remove hardware area. Remember to look for programs that you have installed recently and that refers to the speed of your system. It can be found fairly easy!

I've never used Ascentive's *** but I read that it locks up control panel so you can't delete it that way.

Also Ignore any positive comments about Ascentive. The only people who say about Ascentive, Are Ascentive employees posing as satisfied customers

please inform me because ascentive is not letting me remove this bull from my computer. i have e.mail them three times about the problem and it still there a virus iam sure and they don't want to fix it file and i'll sign also. :( 8) :upset

Ascentive--What a bunch of BS--toliet paper is better at cleaning a PC then their products. Left another competitor to try them and what a mistake!!!

To top it off can't get rid of them. So let Credit card company cancel their funds.

Uninstall does not work on my computer when I try to remove this BS. I never even bought their program - just got the free trial.

I can't get in contact with them - their e-mail problem takes you into an endless cycle.

I agree with a class action - anyone else?

They have NO RIGHT to not allow you to remove their program from YOUR computer.

You can remove "most" hard to remove programs with a small program called "Kill Box". It's a drag and drop program, simple to use.

You may drag and drop or simply browse for the ap. you want to remove.

Go to the search engine of your choice, type in kill box

and download the free program. Google is probably the best choice.

i have tried using control panel to remove ascentive software but it simply invokes an endless cycle of error reporting. trying to remove it from the start menu fails because it says the file is protected.

system restores don't seem to do it either.

any ideas? or at least a phone# to contact these *** or poetential class action.any ideas would help :(

thank you "mom in la".i had in the meantime found the way to remove Performance Center(ascentive) by using "uninstall".what a relief!! many thanks for your concern,anyway.

Some of these so-called "pc utilities" get slick and don't show up in add/remove programs. You can *** it out by deleting all files and registry entries but it's not easy for a novice.

If you have system restore active, pick a date prior to the install and resore to that point. That can br the quickest and easiest way to get it done

View more comments (7)
Mandeville, Louisiana

Ascentive

This is the worst lie that a TV ad shows. No it does not make any thing faster until you buy all sorts of additional items. When you turn on you PC all you get is warnings that you need to buy more "stuff" to get it to work. It took a long time to get it deleted, and I am trying to cancel this ""stuff". It is eay to buy, but impossible to cancel. Go with Mc Afee its better and safer. Then they tell you it will be an automatic renewal. If anyone reading this knows how to get this canceled, please help. I will notify my credit card company not to honor there charge next year
Reston, Virginia

Ascentive pc speedscan pro JUNK!!!!!!!

Total garbage I have been building computers since 1988 and have seen a lot of scams, but this one even beats the Y2K scam of 2000! I had to completely rebuild my operating system to fully remove this parasite from my computer. There are a lot better programs out there, that do the same thing I decided to try this one because they claim that they are Windows approved, but they are not!! Check with Microsoft They make no claims of supporting this software at all. the only claim Microsoft makes is that it is compatible with Windows. This is some slick *** try to cash in on a fast dollar, your dollar!!

You build PC's? really?

Next you'll try to tell me you program cobalt and sell the programs you write.

OH and Glen? How about google?

Ever tried it? Might help.

I would like to know how to get rid of the Performance Center and PC SpeedScan icons from off my desk top. i've tried to right click them and move them to my recycle bin but they won't move! HELP!

Eldridge, Iowa
Loss

Software has ruined my computer.

The software from Ascentive has destroyed my computer. It did nothing to fix my computer-just gradually shut it down. Now it wont even boot. They did not credit my credit card for a full refund. I need a new hard drive, will have to pay for fixing my computer. Not sure if the fcc should be involved but I'm going to research and find where to complain officially. The ad also said Microsoft partner. I will be letting them know too of this bogus software. I'm not letting this go. I want them to pay for my time and expense.

All it did was infect my system with adware! and i didn't even buy anything from them.

Karla, in order to completely delete Ascentive from your computer: Click on Start, go to Settings, then Control Panel, then Add or Remove Programs. Click on Ascentive files and Remove. But be sure to also remove any Performance Center files that are in the Add or Remove Programs.

dear Karla.milligan,do press on, for Ascentive has created problems for all.i managed to get reimbursed for their "SpeedScan" payed by Visa but it's true that i wasn't able to download the product(wrong url!) and anyway didn't feel comfortable about its efficiency.try the FCC and don't give up!

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California

What am i to do?

i made the mistake of buying(visa card) the ascentive "speedscan" software and 2 days later asked to be reimbursed because i wasn't sure of its efficiency and this was accepted but now although asked to delete the program it is systematically refused :"sorry exe. must close" in the configuration panel.obviously i'm not the only one faced with this dilemna.help,please anyone! i have a 9400 Inspiron XP 2000 Dell PC an am using it on it only since August 2006 and haven't downloaded Vista because my PC would become too slow.awaiting your reaction.

Some of these so-called "pc utilities" get slick and don't show up in add/remove programs. You can HACKK it out by deleting all files and registry entries but it's not easy for a novice.

Lyon, Rhone-Alpes

Ascentive soft ware

Does anyone know how to get in touch with this company. Ascentive Soft Ware. I would I like to put my boot you know where. They advertise on national networks. They S--k. Does anyone know how to get in touch with this company. Ascentive Soft Ware. I would I like to put my boot you know where. They advertise on national networks. They S--k. Does anyone know how to get in touch with this company. Ascentive Soft Ware. I would I like to put my boot you know where. They advertise on national networks. They S--k. Does anyone know how to get in touch with this company. Ascentive Soft Ware. I would I like to put my boot you know where. They advertise on national networks. They S--k.

I found the address,,,

4610 Prime Parkway

McHenry, IL 60050

Lancaster, California

Can't remove their programs

I looked at the Ascentive product and decided not to try it. It said that I could get a free test scan of my computer. Supposedly the scan was made and almost 200 errors were found. Thats when I discovered that they were not going to fix anything unless I purchased their product so I decided not to buy. Now I can't get their *** off my computer. I did a search and found their program on my C drive but when I tried to delete it I was blocked and their screens keep popping up and are very annoying.

Re-boot in safe mode and you ahould be able to remove this trash from your pc using the control panel.

Germantown, Maryland

OK Here's The Deal On Ascentive

I took a look at Network Solutions and found their "contact number" of 215.320.2000 which is based in Pennsylvania. I called at 2:30pm Pacific time and received a recording that their support department was closed and that normal operating hours were from 9:00am to 7:30pm EASTERN time. So I called in plenty of time to get someone in their office. Second, I wasn't calling to lodge a complaint because I'd paid money. I saw the commercial regarding FinallyFast.com and decided to try it for myself and see what it is the program actually did. Being a software engineer, I have the ability to break apart programs and see the programming behind them. I was in the middle of downloading this file they say will diagnose my system and my Avast! Antivirus threw a quarantine warning stating it had found a W32.Trojan/Worm bundled in the downloading file. DO NOT under any circumstance download this file!! That's why alot of you are having trouble getting it back off your system. For those of you who paid for this program, I would recommend calling the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the Better Business Bureau. Those who would like more information can get a hold of me at cert_ic@***.rr.com

can someone tell me how to delete ascentive from my computer??

Total Scam...Gonna find them and do some damage myself....and I will find them....

How do I delete ascentive software????

FWIW my experience, which entails computer support for 30 years, has convinced me that your best bet is backup your data REGULARLY!! Be judicious about what you install on your pc, empty temp directories,REGULARLY, run scandisk and defrag REGULARLY!!

If your pc eventually becomes too sluggish, check your backups and reload your OS. Most newer pc's have restore cd/dvd's that bring your pc back to new pretty quickly. That is the most definitive way to cleanup your pc and not really that much work. Just my 2 cents!! Peace

View more comments (3)
Los Angeles, California

Scam?

I bought the PC SpeedScan Pro program Sunday 9/21/08. I have tried everything they recommend to activate the program (log in with my user name and password but the system keeps telling me that SpeedScan cannot be reached, that I do not have an Internet connection. I can sure reach their web site! so my Internet connection is working just fine. Therefore, I cannot login to activate the program. Cannot contact anyone in the company! Tried their "live chat", e-mail and telephone. No one answer the phone or returns e-mail. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Greensboro, North Carolina

This company is a complete RIP OFF.

1. Free? NO WAY! There is a substantial charge for each program despite the advertising that implies otherwise. Then once you purchase one program, it won't do everything you need - so you need to buy another - and then another. 2. It makes my machine EVEN SLOWER than prior to downloading software to speed up my machine. 3. There seems to be no one or no place to request a refund. WARNING: Avoid this company. If my message is too late and you have wasted your money, add your complaint here. This company need to be shut down - RIGHT NOW!

The only thing I've been able to get this program to do is scan and get rid of junk files (or so it says). My computer is as slow as before I bought/downloaded this software. I cannot contact the company, so I can't get a refund.

:( :( :( :( :( :(