Bought PC Speedscan Pro, before they would turn it on I got a tech/salesman who that told me they needed access my PC to install, had me download a program so he could access my PC, big mistake, he scand/looked at my PC and told me I had viruses or Trojans, showed me how my PC was being affected/running.Said that I could have a Tech from Ascentive fix my PC on a Service Contract for over $500.00 for 3 years.

I wouldn't go for their Service and hung up/terminated their sales pitch. After terminating the call, etc. I got on the Web and found Emisoft and ran a free anti-malware program. Low and Behold I did have Trojans and Spyware, but they were put there by Ascentive !!!.

I have a pic of my PC while Emsisoft Malware remover was removing 5 spyware and tracker programs and a Trojan from my PC all with Ascentive program files attached to them. They infected my PC, then wanted me to pay them to clean it !!!

I have a date stamped picture of my PC taken with a camera as Emsisoft removed their viruses!!!(Emsisoft is a somewhat free Malware Program, thank you Emsisoft !!!) BEWARE, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Had an Experience with Ascentive?

Comments

my grandma has ascentive as well everytime i open her computer there is a bogus warning that has donets job well enough that they have scared her into paying them... every year! i tried to tell her this is a scam but she knows best, i even noticed they have her paying them 150.00 2x a year once in feb and once in march why would a company have a payment schedule like this unless its a scam i also saw her give them remote acess to her laptop as well

to nik #1258435

Nik, it really is a scam, if your Grandma doesn't believe you then have her send me an e-mail, I'll explain it to her. d.drjackson(at)Verizon.net.

#532061

Dude, that is awesome!! I hope someone from that company sees this.