Ascentive

12 of 121 Ascentive reviews

Bought PC Speedscan Pro, before they would turn it on I got a tech/salesman who that told me they needed access my PC to install, had me download a program so he could access my PC, big mistake, he scand/looked at my PC and told me I had viruses or Trojans, showed me how my PC was being affected/running.Said that I could have a Tech from Ascentive fix my PC on a Service Contract for over $500.00 for 3 years.

I wouldn't go for their Service and hung up/terminated their sales pitch. After terminating the call, etc. I got on the Web and found Emisoft and ran a free anti-malware program. Low and Behold I did have Trojans and Spyware, but they were put there by Ascentive !!!.

I have a pic of my PC while Emsisoft Malware remover was removing 5 spyware and tracker programs and a Trojan from my PC all with Ascentive program files attached to them. They infected my PC, then wanted me to pay them to clean it !!!

I have a date stamped picture of my PC taken with a camera as Emsisoft removed their viruses!!!(Emsisoft is a somewhat free Malware Program, thank you Emsisoft !!!) BEWARE, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
12 of 121 Ascentive reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
nik

Dec 20, 2016 #1258307

my grandma has ascentive as well everytime i open her computer there is a bogus warning that has donets job well enough that they have scared her into paying them... every year! i tried to tell her this is a scam but she knows best, i even noticed they have her paying them 150.00 2x a year once in feb and once in march why would a company have a payment schedule like this unless its a scam i also saw her give them remote acess to her laptop as well

0 0 Reply

Dec 20, 2016 #1258435

Nik, it really is a scam, if your Grandma doesn't believe you then have her send me an e-mail, I'll explain it to her. d.drjackson(at)Verizon.net.

0 0 Reply
sessa

Aug 21, 2012 #532061

Dude, that is awesome!! I hope someone from that company sees this.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.