Bought PC Speedscan Pro, before they would turn it on I got a tech/salesman who that told me they needed access my PC to install, had me download a program so he could access my PC, big mistake, he scand/looked at my PC and told me I had viruses or Trojans, showed me how my PC was being affected/running.Said that I could have a Tech from Ascentive fix my PC on a Service Contract for over $500.00 for 3 years.

I wouldn't go for their Service and hung up/terminated their sales pitch. After terminating the call, etc. I got on the Web and found Emisoft and ran a free anti-malware program. Low and Behold I did have Trojans and Spyware, but they were put there by Ascentive !!!.

I have a pic of my PC while Emsisoft Malware remover was removing 5 spyware and tracker programs and a Trojan from my PC all with Ascentive program files attached to them. They infected my PC, then wanted me to pay them to clean it !!!

I have a date stamped picture of my PC taken with a camera as Emsisoft removed their viruses!!!(Emsisoft is a somewhat free Malware Program, thank you Emsisoft !!!) BEWARE, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 21, 2012 #532061

Dude, that is awesome!! I hope someone from that company sees this.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.