Bought PC Speedscan Pro, before they would turn it on I got a tech/salesman who that told me they needed access my PC to install, had me download a program so he could access my PC, big mistake, he scand/looked at my PC and told me I had viruses or Trojans, showed me how my PC was being affected/running.Said that I could have a Tech from Ascentive fix my PC on a Service Contract for over $500.00 for 3 years.
I wouldn't go for their Service and hung up/terminated their sales pitch. After terminating the call, etc. I got on the Web and found Emisoft and ran a free anti-malware program. Low and Behold I did have Trojans and Spyware, but they were put there by Ascentive !!!.
I have a pic of my PC while Emsisoft Malware remover was removing 5 spyware and tracker programs and a Trojan from my PC all with Ascentive program files attached to them. They infected my PC, then wanted me to pay them to clean it !!!
I have a date stamped picture of my PC taken with a camera as Emsisoft removed their viruses!!!(Emsisoft is a somewhat free Malware Program, thank you Emsisoft !!!) BEWARE, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pc Speedscan Pro
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I use a number of IObit products, the Pro versions. I also have used the free version of IObit Driver Booster which blindsided me tonight. I downloaded the latest version..."
- "Microsoft Corporation are fools for cancelling Windows XP. Windows XP was the best version of Windows ever made . It makes my sad that an Operating System that ran for..."
- "Those guys behind (AtomPark) were legit in the past, but now they become scammers and started to rip off customers as well as affiliates. I was promoting their products from..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24 hour hold on June 10, 2009. A few weeks later..."
- "I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet with the "exquisite upgrade" for my mom this mother's day. The photo showed about a dozen beautiful red roses with five or six..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."