After downloading Ascentive, I noticed no difference in my internet speed.Like many others that downloaded the trial version of Ascentive, I was scratching my head trying to remove it from my computer.

The control panel had no listing for Ascentive under Add or Remove programs. The program removal tool within CCleaner (a very good free registry cleaner) had no listing either.

The solution for removal is fairly simple. Right click on the start button and choose explore from the start menu.

When it opens, you will see the program folder. Open the program folder and you should see the folder for Ascentive. Right click on the folder and press delete from the menu. This will remove most everything from the computer.

To finish the removal, download and run CCleaner (a google search will get you to the download site and it is free).

Run the registry cleaner (be sure to back it up per the directions....very easy), and when you make the corrections to the registry, all traces of Ascentive will be removed.

Had an Experience with Ascentive?

Comments

I want Ascentive revemoved from my computer, please Mhp4900@aol.com :sigh

I did what Me did. I right clicked on the Ascentive icon in the bottom right of desktop & chose "Exit", the icon disappeared & I was allowed to delete all the Ascentive folder junk.

Hurray, I found a way to remove any program that says you can't continue because some things open.Go to the program (Ascentive's tools) and click on settings.

Turn off auto launch at start up.

Then restart your pc and go to your add/delete routine.Good luck!

geniemc-I also had problems with removing this.I was never able to uninstall any of the programs using add/remove but someone told me about using revo uninstaller.

It's a safe program you can download for free online and worked well for me to uninstall this software so it might be worth a try.Hope this helps!

I too downlowned FinallyFast and was able to remove all programs except for the SpyStriker.Doing a restore does not remove, add/remove programs does not remove.

I get message that cannot delete AdviceTx.vdx.I need help on removing this from my computer.

I tried everything to remove all the crappy Ascentive Programs from my PC using, Uninstall Programs, opening up the folders and trying to delete them all, which it wouldn't let me do and using CC Cleaner. I finally contacted my PC Manufacturer's Support Center and the Tech Rep told me to do a System Restore to a date before I installed the crappy programs. It worked and now my PC is Ascentive Free!!!

When I open the program folder, there are no Ascentive there but when im running AVG internet security scan, it showed "Found Adware.RogueSuspect/Software/Ascentive.So, i clicked the heal button.

Hillegom, South Holland, Netherlands #28038

I found that if I right clicked on the Ascentive icon in the bottom right of desktop and chose 'Exit", the icon disappeared and I was allowed to delete the Ascentive folder.